Monday, August 01, 2005

17 Days and Counting...

August has finally arrived. We leave for China in seventeen days. It feels almost unreal to me at times. Am I really flying halfway around the world to bring my daughter home? To me, that's what other people do. I never imagined I would be making this trip. That's what makes this such a God-thing. I'm too much of a coward to do something like this on my own. It's only through Him that this has come to be.
I started laundry today. I washed Grace's bedclothes, the cover for her thinking chair, and all the clothes we have for her. She's got more clothes than I thought she did. Of course I have no idea if any of them will fit! And, she has two pair of jammies that should fit her!!! Yeah! I was worried about that. I told Mike we can buy more in China when we know for sure how long she is.
I picked up the peanut brittle today also. Five pounds from Wittich's that are to be gifts for people in China. I'm nor sure how we'll get it there. Our carry-on bags would be best so it doesn't get broken into tiny pieces. However, that would take up a lot of room. Maybe if we wrap them up they would be alright in our checked baggage. However, checked baggage gets thrown around a lot. I don't know what we'll do.

No comments: