Today was our first full day with Grace.
She fell asleep last night by 9:00. She woke up at midnight and took part of a bottle and went back to sleep. She woke back up something after 5:00. If I held her, she would sleep. I finally just laid down on the bed with her on my chest and she slept until almost 6:30.
I had to take a shower this morning, so Mike had to take Grace. She cried as I walked away, and then she was fine. He’s been holding her as much as I have today. She even lets Miracle hold her now. They play and laugh together and act goofy. Miracle does stuff just to make Grace laugh.
We didn’t have time to go to the buffet for breakfast so Grace had Cheerios and part of a NutriGrain bar, Miracle had Pop Tarts, I had a granola bar, and Mike had a cereal bar and the rest of Grace’s NutriGrain.
We were at the Civil Affairs Office by 9:00. This was where we got our babies yesterday. We had to return this morning to finalize the adoption. Grace fell asleep on the trip over. We signed a bunch of papers, put our thumb prints and Grace’s footprint on one paper, got our picture taken, and gave away the peanut brittle (an amazing feat: it made it to
After the Civil Affairs Office we went to this store called Metro. It had clothes and food and dishes and other odds and ends of stuff. They call it the Chinese WalMart (We didn’t get to go to the real one.). We got Oreos, Snickers, M&Ms, Frosted Flakes. Trix, and bottled water. We also got some more formula for Grace. Thankfully they had diapers and wipes. We were out of wipes, and we didn’t bring enough diapers to last the entire trip. Grace fell asleep in the check out line and slept all the way back to our hotel. She did not sleep once we got here, however.
The weather has been unseasonably cool in
She had decided today that she could no longer sit on the bed or on the floor. Someone had to be holding her at all times. And you could only hold her a certain way (more on that later). We decided she was going to lay down and go to sleep, and we were not going to rock her. Well, she eventually did. We actually got stuff put away and arranged during that brief interlude. And how brief it was. She started to stir, and Mike and I decided we should hide so she wouldn’t see us and cry. So we dropped to the floor on our bellies with our heads beside one another’s. Once we did this, of course, we realized how incredibly stupid that idea was. But all we could do was lay there and laugh hysterically into a pile of dirty shirts. Needless to say, Grace didn’t stay in the crib very long.
Anyway, about the holding deal. Grace decided she could only be held facing us. And we had to be standing up. This wasn’t really working out for us. Mike sat down on the floor with her, and put her on the floor. You would have thought he was killing that child! Later, I sat on the floor with her with my legs crossed and her sitting in the hole. Oh my heavens. This child has a temper!! Her face turned red, she arched backwards, and she cried and cried. She never shed a tear though. Miracle about had a heart attack. I had to get up and do something, so I put Grace on the floor. Miracle picked her up and jiggled her and Grace stopped crying.
That all happened while Mike was getting dinner with some other guys from our group. We had a great feast in our room tonight – McDonald’s!! Grace really went for the French fries. Miracle was thrilled to see chicken nuggets and French fries. She’s had a tough time food-wise, but she’s being really brave about it. She hasn’t whined or complained. She just eats a lot of granola bars and rice. What a trooper!!
Both girls are asleep now. We didn’t rock Grace, Mike just laid her in the crib. She fussed around a little bit, but not much. I think she’s too worn out to fight with us.
Tomorrow we’re supposed to visit the
8 comments:
I just read your post to the girls, and they think your little episode with Grace where you fell on the floor is really funny. Hannah said she thinks it was a silly idea. I'm not sure, but they might be laughing at you. hehe.
I am just Praising the Lord that she is yours. It is done. How wonderful is that! We can all finally breathe.
If I was you Ranelle, I would make Mike carry her in the Hip Hammock tomorrow. Good luck with the whole stroller thing. Sometimes I have trouble making my own kid sit in one. If you can get her to, you'll have to give me some tips:)
Oh, and one more thing, Praise the Lord Mike!!! God made the weather cooler there and I think it was probably just for you! :)
Well that is all for today. Keep us updated.
Love you all,
Heather
I am so happy that Grace has made up with Mike. That is awesome! I just want you to know that the first words out of my supervisor's mouth this morning were "Are there any new pictures??". You definitely have a community baby!
Love,
Pam
yes, I am the one that forgot to sign my name yesterday morning. :-)
Praise the Lord! It is done. she is ours, well I mean technically she is yours but you do have to share when you get back. Can't wait for more pics. I actually laughed out loud when I read about you and Mike hittig the floor on your bellies. I was seeing it and it was a hysterical mental picture. Well anyway thats all for now. Tell Miracle I said hi And I love her and miss her. That goes for the rest of ya too.
Dear Miracle,
Today is sunday, August 21. we are in class. Sunday school is not the same without you. You wher one of the best students in the class. I hop you have a grate time with your sister. tell your famley I said hi. Love Hannah
Dear Miracle,
today is sunday august 21. we are in class. Sunday school is not the same without you. tell your mom and dad i said hi. how are you. i hope you have a safe flight home. Sincerely Michael Vanover
Dear Miracle,
I hope you and your mom fells better from the plane ride. Sunday school is not the same without you. We all can't wait to see grace. If you want to we have a tone of papers to do. If you were here you would of herad alot of funny stores. Your Pal, Abry
HI Maracle how are you Doing? My MoM is Having another Baby. I miss you very Much we are praying for you How are your MoM and Dad How are You? LOVE Nathan
Dear Miracle,
today is Sunday, August 21. We all Miss you! Please come back feeling ok. Tell your family I said HI! We all been praying for you! When you get back you are going to have a surprise! Sunny school is not the same without you. I wish you where here right now so I can see you agin. We love you very much. I'm exaced. Wly gotta go Bye! Love Alyssa Lowe
P.S. My Mom is having her baby soon!
Dear Miracle,
Today is Sunday August 21. we are in class. Sunday school is not the same without you. I read your website. I feel sorry for you, about people being all over you. The thought of that makes me laugh though. I'd say your probably sleeping right now while I'm writing. Well class is over. Tell your mom and dad I said hi! I love you and can't with for you to get home. Love, sarah
Hi Miracle, As you can tell you were certainly missed in class on Sunday. Your pictures with your baby sister look like you are so excited and proud you just might explode! I'll save your Sunday school work so you can catch up before the big review and test. Also we are gearing up for the fashion show in September. I went shopping last night and boy did I find some REAL fashions for you Girls of Grace. Uncle Buck and I are keeping you and your family in our prayers. See the FOUR of you when you get home. Lots of Love, Brenda
We are speaking for everyone when we say........PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES!!! Please.
Love
Heather and Lisa
Your cracking me up! I am so excitd to see you all in action with Grace, live and in person! Hurry home...we miss you all so much. Um...where in the world are the pics today? I must say that was upsetting. he he...I know you must be so busy over there. Keep up the good work with Grace and also with updating the web site. Your entries are awesome. I could not make it through the day with out them. I started checking at 7:30 this morning! LOL I then had to leave for my ob appt. and all I could think about was coming home to check the web site. Grace is beautiful, we all love you and miss you. Tell Miracle it is a good thing she got in practice with Addison. See you all soon.
Great story wish you could have video taped the episode on the floor it probaly would have won the "China hotel funniest viedo" great image in all of our minds!!!Grace probably thought my parents are weirdddddddddd.I am so glad that Grace is finally yours and ours..But where are the beautful pictures of the family.Tell Miracle that brook said hi and she will write her later and that she thinks Miracle has a beautiful baby sister! I knew Grace would finally love Mike how could you not love a adorable face like that and besides God answered all of prayers.Take care and enjoy your family bonding and enjoy your vacation in China..Love and prayers Ann
Mike,
I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! I've been thinking about you and hoping everything would work out. You're truely blessed and enjoy every day. It sounds like the trip is going well. Keep posting pictures. They look wonderful.
Rick Redman
Post a Comment