We're so close to being home, we can almost taste it.
Miracle finally cried for home last night. I was suprised it took her so long. I cried the first morning we were in Beijing! I told her I was very proud of her, that she had been so brave, so wonderful. I can't imagine what Mike and I would've done if she had stayed home. Things definately wouldn't have gone so smoothly, I can tell you that! She's been such an awesome helper. She fixes bottles, and plays, and last night she even gave Grace her bath! She still hasn't changed a diaper, but it's early days.
Grace has a new name, by the way. She is now The Nightmare. Mike told you she slept for three hours last night, then woke up. He was very optimistic in his opinion about her going back to sleep. That child screamed and cried for almost an hour. How Miracle slept through it I will never know. I could get her to go to sleep, but as soon as I laid her down, she woke right back up. I had told Mike we'd do the just lay her down thing after we were home and more settled. And honestly, I'm so tired and stressed out that listening to her cry is akin to nails on a chalkboard. I just can't take it. I told her yesterday, she's in for a rude awakening when we get home!
She finally went back to sleep sometime after midnight and slept until after 8:00. She was still so tired she "only" ate two pancakes, some watermelon, and some egg. She didn't even take an entire bottle when we got back to our room. Mike and Miracle went swimming and I stayed with Grace. Thankfully, she went to sleep with little problem, and slept for about two hours. They're all at the 7Eleven getting drinks for the day.
We leave for the American visa office at 3:00. We won't be going to the actual American Consulate after all. They moved their visa office to an office building somewhere downtown. Lineker said we should be back around 5:30, then we're taking group pictures in the lobby. After that, we start to pack for home!!
4 comments:
Just think this time Wed you be home(china time) Tell Miracle that she has been a trooper she is such a big girl....Go Miracle it is only a matter of days now....Well all of you guys hang in there and we will see you all real soon...Take care.Have a safe and wonderful trip home..God bless and I will still be praying for all of you and including nightmare!!!! Love Ann
Hang in there, it is all almost over and you'll be home soon. Grace will adapt better at her own home with a routine. Sounds like she sleeps a lot during the day. Maybe trying to break that will help once you get home. I really like the rude awakening part! I felt like that in the hospital before with a new born! LOL Hang in there sweetie. Prayers go up to you. Miracle is such an awesome helper. Do you think Kory and I could be having #6 without the other kids helping? No Way!!!!!! They pretty much take care of themselves and help a lot with Aiden and Addison. It is so great having the help. We're here for you too. Like I said, just give me a call. We will be right over. Andrew told me the other day..."Oh Mom, Grace is so pretty. I can't take it. Can I hold her?" I thought that was so sweet of him. So Andrew is even there to help you too. We all love you. Do not feel bad for thinking she is acting like a monster. This is a very hard time right now for all of you. I have thought new born babies act like monsters! Now, that is pretty sad of me, huh? Keep strong we are praying. God speed you home. We love and miss you. Tammy
I't almost that time that long trip home but I bet it won't seem half as long as it took to get there that trip probably seemed like forever. I have some days like that with Ryan the crying bit where you can't figure out what to do with him and him and Grace our about the same age really it could be anything maybe she is teething that will definitely make them scream like their dying but eventually just like Grace did they will get so tried of screaming that they will sleep and usually sleep the rest of the night 8:00a.m. is a good time to sleep until and that means she really did wear herself out but I'm sure she wore you out too. Tell Miracle that she is so special and very brave and has grown up so fast I'm glad that she's finally home sick because we would not want her to stay there because she liked it more HAHA. I think she stayed strong for you and kept you sane by helping you out with everything she's such a great helper can she come over and help me too HAHA. Well enough with the jokes I so happy you will be heading home tomorrow and I'm sure you are as well Steve misses Mike I just don't think he'll admit it he loves riding to work with him he keeps him company and Mike is one of his best friends and he is also very proud all of you God has blessed you in so many ways it's so wonderful. Well we'll see you on Sunday with that beatuiful baby girl and we'll be happy to see you guys too. Love you and we're praying for your safe, sick free, and fast trip home. Take care and God bless. Love Shauna
I just realized something. If Grace is sleeping a lot during the day and wanting to be up at night that means she is getting on American time!!!! Wow!! How cool. Well I'm sure it doesn't seem like it right now...but maybe it will make it easier when you all get home.
I was surprised to see that you posted so early. Trying to speed things up so you get home sooner? Don't you wish that could happen?! We all do!
So your plane is due to arrive around 4:20 p.m.? Do you think the hurricane/tropical storm will cause many delays? I was wondering/worrying about that last night when I was watching the news. We pray that it does not effect your travel.
I don't really know what else to say. I just can't wait....can't wait....can't wait. I feel like a little kid. "How much longer mom?!" You know what I mean.
Hey, is there anything you guys need when you get home? If so, just let us know what we can do to help. We will be seeing you VERY VERY soon. (Not soon enough. hehe)
Love
Heather
ps
Did Miracle see her posts from the girls? Maybe that will make her feel a little bit better.
Post a Comment