We went to church this morning. It was the Beijing International Christian Fellowship. It was held at the 21st Century Hotel. People from over 60 different countries attend church there. The only ones who cannot are Chinese Nationalists.
I couldn’t help but cry during the praise and worship service. There we stood, in the heart of a communist country, praising the Lord with people from all over the world. It was such a moving experience. He’s not just the God of the
After church we went to a jade factory. We learned about the different grades of jade, the difference between hard and soft jade, and how to tell if it’s real. We saw some amazing carvings.
After lunch we went to the Great Wall. It was Miracle’s absolute favorite part. I cannot even begin to explain what it was like to stand there and see that magnificent structure. We took so many pictures I’m not sure what we’ll do with them all. There are a total of seven towers at the part of the wall we went to. We made it to the first tower – barely. It was well worth it, however.
Tonight was the Peking Duck dinner. There wasn’t a single “Fah rah rah” or duck head. It was rather anti-climactic. It was good. And the interior of the restaurant was amazing. There were several women there in traditional Chinese dress. I had never had duck before. It was pretty good. The way you ate it was interesting. You get a tortilla, open it up, dip onion slices in hoison sauce and spread the sauce on the tortilla, then add pieces of duck. You wrap it up and eat it. Pretty tasty.
We were going to go down to the Carre Four tonight to look around. It’s called the “Chinese Wal-Mart.” Evidentially, you can get practically anything there, including some things you’d rather not see. After that, Miracle was going to go swimming. We changed our minds when Lineker told us to be in the lobby at 6:00 tomorrow morning. We need to leave that early to go to our province.
We will have a 2 ½ hour flight in the morning. We’ll get into
Now that the time we have waited for is almost here, I feel kind’ve odd. You would think I would be all nervous and anxious. I don’t feel that way. I don’t think I can really explain how I feel. Maybe because I don’t really believe we’re here I’m having trouble knowing how I should feel. Maybe tomorrow morning the emotions will kick in.
Miracle said she couldn’t believe she was actually at the Great Wall. I guess that’s how I feel about the entire trip. We waited so long, I can’t believe the wait is almost over. It’s like I keep expecting someone to say, “Oh wait, you’re not supposed to be doing this. You’re not allowed.” Or I feel like I’m waiting for someone to wake me. If this is a dream, I don’t ever want to wake up.
3 comments:
hello gang, glad you all made it safe except for all the sickness!!!! the church sounded beautiful and you guys was there to experience it, but i bet their praise and worship is nothing like ours(haha)! it was so wonderful to be able to read your journal and everything going on just cant wait to see grace with her family. the time is getting closer and we are very excited!!!!you all are in my prayers. God bless and love and prayers. Ann
Okay, so we made it through Sunday service without you. Just barely. No, I'm kidding. Service was awesome and you were on most everyone's minds at some time or another. It sounds like you had your own awesome worship experience. It was a blessing to me just to read about it. I thank God that He is keeping you safe. Of course we knew He would though. We are all practically holding out breath here till the moment we know that you have "our" girl. It is 12:23 a.m. here and we can barely sleep for the excitement of knowing that you guys are on your way to her RIGHT NOW!! Please, if you think of it, give that little doll baby a kiss from us. And we can't wait for our chance to give them in person. The kids missed Miracle in Sunday School. Tell her they all said "Hi" and they are thinking about you all almost as much as we are. They wrote a letter to Miracle, although I don't know if I was supposed to tell her. Miracle, I just wanted you to know you are missed too woman:) I'm really glad the duck didn't have a head, hehe. Although I am a little disappointed in Mike for not singing any Fah rah rah's. I'm sorry Ranelle, I was rooting for him:)
So anyway, I am going to go to bed so I can wake up and see the pictures and read all about you actually HAVING her. Don't you wish you could do that? Just go to sleep and when you wake up the waiting is over? I guess by the time you read this your waiting will be over.....PRAISE GOD, AND BLESS HIS HOLY NAME! HE IS SO GOOD! (Insert me running and shouting and doing my little hoppy thing here) Okay, we love you all!
Okay, it is monday morning here which means it is monday night there. I have been checking this thing since I got out of bed. I'm on the edge of my sanity here. Well anyway it sounds like you guys have been very busy, making some amazing memories. Well thats all for now. Hury and post a pic of Grace! Oh by the way ask Miracle if I can get my picture taken with her when she gets back. I've never had my picture taken with a famous person. Love ya guys.
Post a Comment