Thursday, August 04, 2005

Where ya' going?

OK,

People keep asking where we're going to be, what we are doing, etc. Well, here the sitch...

We will being our China journey in Beijing.


We'll be staying at the Radisson SAS Hotel while we tour such wondrous sites as the Great Wall, Forbidden City, and even silk and jade factories. This will allow us to acclimate to the time difference, and get a bit settled into the Chinese culture.

From Beijing, we will travel to Changsha in the Hunan province.


Changsha will be our city of Joy. Here is where we will meet Grace for the first time, and complete our family. In Changsha, we will adapt to Grace, as she adapts to us. We will fill most of our time with shopping and site seeing, as we'll have a 5 day wait for Grace's passport. Oh, we'll have a couple of official meetings, but the majority of our time will be free. Our accommodations for this leg of our journey will be at the Hua Tian Hotel.

After we get her passport, we'll pack up again and head to Guanzhou.


Here, we finally get to meet our government workers in the American Consulate. We'll get to apply for Grace's visa Monday morning, and we should get it late Tuesday afternoon. We will get to do more shopping and site seeing, but we'll only have a couple of days. We'll likely visit 'the island', and a multitude of other places. For our nights, we will be staying at the China Marriott Hotel. It sounds like a wonderful place to unwind, and I'm sure Miracle will want to swim.

Finally, on Wednesday, we get to return home. It promises to be a long journey, but what a trip! I'll be honest, I don't think I ever dreamed I would go to China. Now I get to go, tour, and bring home a daughter.

Way cool.

No comments: