Saturday, July 30, 2005

Our visas arrived safely. It wasn't as dramatic as I expected it to be. In fact, the FedEx guy just stuck them in the front door. We didn't even know they were there until Roy told us. Mike was very upset. They were supposed to get a signature for the package, but they did not.
Thursday was a wonderful day. Referrals came in!! Groups 197, 198, 200, and 201 received referrals. Unfortunately, group 199 got skipped. It was very unexpected and the families were just devastated. Please keep them in your prayers. The CCAA has apologized. Somehow the dossiers got misplaced. I'm sure that doesn't help these broken-hearted families.
I also got our money ordered. It's very difficult to find a bank that can order new $100 bills. But The Citizen's Bank came through for us!! Thank you Citizen's Bank!!
Hollie and I are going shopping tonight. I need a birthday present for Leah. She asked me for a dollar. I figured that's an easy request. We talked about it some more and thought maybe a new dress to wear to church would be nice. I also need jammies for Grace. I love buying jammies. I have no idea why. Maybe it's the little feet. I'm also looking for a new lamp for my bedroom. We painted it this week, and the one I have just doesn't seem to belong in the room anymore.
I'm going to start washing baby clothes next week. I need to strip her bed and wash the bedding. I need to take the tags off the clothes we have and wash them. We also need to practice packing.
I still don't think everything is going to fit.

No comments: