Thursday, July 07, 2005

More paperwork

We've started the next round of paperwork. Visa applications, travel arrangements, copies of passports, it seems to be never-ending! We have an entire list of papers we have to take with us to China. My nightmare is that we'll forget something. I guess it would be worse if we lost something. If we forgot it, someone could always fax it to us I guess. Of course, we thought we had lost an original copy of our homestudy. No, Mike just didn't see it. Of course, he blamed me. He said he saw it the night before, but I didn't mention it or some such thing. I guess we blamed each other.
We're also trying to figure out how we're going to get there. I know, I know, we'll fly. We decided to make our own arrangements for the international flights and have AWAA do all the travel in China. So, we're trying to find the very best deal we can. I think that's our biggest expense right now. It would be really great if we could fly business but Ouch! That's expensive for three people!
Miracle is in day camp this week. She thinks it's pretty great. A girl from her class is there also, so she knows someone. She was very excited about that. She was nervous about not knowing anyone. I must admit, it's weird to be here by myself during the day.
Tomorrow is her sleep-over. She invited six friends to come and swim, eat pizza, and spend the night. I think I'll just lock myself in my room and let Mike be in charge. I wonder if anyone would survive?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Really, I coulda' sworn I saw it. But you know, I can't find my socks unless they're on my feet.