Mike and I made out our first packing list this afternoon. We've read numerous lists, considered them, discussed them. We've made comments like. "Help me remember to take such and such." Today we finally broke ground and made our own packing list. Well, the first copy of our first list anyway. I'm sure it'll have many editions.
So we've got this two page list. It's divided into "carry-on" and "checked" baggage. (I know, I know, my OCD is rearing it's ugly head again.) The carry-on list is fairly standard: a change of clothes, toothbrush and toothpaste, games, books, videos, computer (don't forget, this is Mike), and various other items. It only gets complicated when you get into the checked baggage list. It has sub-headings: clothes, toiletries, medication, other. (I really need to talk to someone). It's amazing the kinds of things you can stick under "other." Clothes pins, dish detergent, Woolite, toys, storage bags. I'm wondering if I can live for two weeks without my own hairdryer. There's something special about the bond between a woman and her hairdryer. I almost cried when Mike made me get rid of my old one. He said something about it being unsafe and a fire hazard. It didn't smell that hot!
Looking over my list, I don't think it's all going to fit into our allotted number of suitcases. One carry-on and two checked bags per person. Grace won't have a checked bag because we got a lap pass for her, not a seat. So, we pack for four in the suitcase allowance for three. It'll take a miracle.
No comments:
Post a Comment