Friday, July 01, 2005

Our AmishLand Adventure

We're on our first get-away in almost two years. And it's our last one with just the three of us. We're spending the weekend in Berlin, OH. Or, as Mike said, it's our AmishLand Adventure.
It was pretty neat. We had to drop something off at Mike's boss' house (don't ask), and then we drove over to Berlin. As we were coming into town, we noticed people lining the sidewalks. They had lawn chairs and looked as if they were there to stay for a while. We were just in time for the Independence Day parade! How cool! Miracle picked up enough candy that Mike's pocket was filled and we had to put it into her purse.
Tomorrow is the big day. I think we're going to see how cheese is made (all you can eat samples!), visit the country's largest doll store (over 2,000 dolls), visit an Amish farm, and possibly ride a train. Putt-putt golf was also mentioned. Before we go home Miracle wants to see the World's Largest Cukoo Clock. If you eat at the restaurant admission is free. Of you don't it costs a dollar. After the dinner we ate, I think I'm done for the weekend. Oh but wait, did I mention the place that makes chocolate? Yes, we need to see that too. Then, for the grand finale, we're going to stop at the huge Longaberger basket.
Mike and Miracle went down to the pool so I have a little time to myself. Sometimes that's a bad thing. When you have time alone you have time to think. Of course I think of my baby in China. We got our travel packet yesterday, which of course makes me think of Grace. I guess everything makes me think of Grace anymore. It could have nothing to do with her, and I think of Grace. I have a feeling I'll be doing that for the next two months.

No comments: