Today was our last day on the west coast. We began the day at the beach, hoping to spot the, thus far, elusive dolphin. We went to the one our waitress told us about, but no luck. Sam and Grace liked it, though, because there was a pirate ship playground for them to get good and sweaty on.
Miracle and I actually went down to the water's edge, but the waves were pretty rough, so we wandered back to the blanket and just sat and watched the water. Sometimes we talked, sometimes we were quiet, thinking our own thoughts, being almost hypnotized by the sound and the motion of the water. I think it was the most relaxed I've been all week.
We came back to the house and the kids were in the pool in no time. They played around until lunch time, then the little ones laid down for a nap. We weren't sure they were going to wake up today. They were plumb wore out. After sleeping for FOUR HOURS, however, they were ready to go.
We had one last shot at sighting dolphins. We were told of a place in Punta Gorda that was out on the water, had a beautiful view of the setting sun, and there were dolphins and manatees- Fishermen's Village.
It was so cool! I wish we had gotten there sooner as most of the shops were closed. We wandered into a few, Grace and Sam spent some of their money, and I, unsuccessfully, looked for a new bracelet. The dolphins never showed up, but the sunset...
The sunset was spectacular.




No comments:
Post a Comment