Monday, September 11, 2006

When I Have Children...

...I'm never/always going to...

How many things did I say that about before we had children? I was never going to do so and so or always make sure I did such and such. Isn't it amazing how much you know before you actually have any children?

Grace and Sam are the ones who did it to me. I was much stricter with Miracle than I am with her siblings. I'm more relaxed, most of the time. Those two get away with a lot more than Miracle ever did. I guess that's what you get for being first.

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Sam was crying inconsolably, and I was desperate. We were in Pigeon Forge, so things were different than they are at home. I was actually walking around, trying to get him to stop crying. Let me say, I never was a floor-walker before. Of course, I also said my children would never sleep with me. Sam has slept on me! I said I would never bribe my children, that they would just learn to do as I said. HAH! Grace gets bribed on an almost-daily basis. I would never be one of those parents who threaten all manner of things but never follow through. Follow through takes too much effort.

But you know what? That's okay. They're my kids. I'm the one who has to live with them (well, Mike does too). But I'm with them all the time. And I like them. They're good kids. I think they're great just the way they are.




No comments: