Saturday, September 23, 2006

It's Finally Happened

I've been a mommy for ten years now. A lot of unexpected things have happened in that time, but tonight takes the cake.

First let me give some history. Mike and I take turns bathing Grace and Sam. Every time Mike bathes Sam, Sam pees in the water. Last night, it was twice in one bath! We laugh about this because he usually doesn't when I bathe him. It's just one of those funny things.

Tonight was my turn to bathe Sam. He started out by peeing on his foot almost as soon as I put him in the tub. I finished his bath and he was splashing around and laughing at Grace. I was watching and thinking to myself, "Hmmmm. We've only had one dirty diaper today." I thought too soon. Yep. He pooped in the tub. He's the first one of my children to do that.

I got him out and wrapped him in a towel then carried him into my bedroom. As I was drying him off, Grace kept going into the bathroom. You would hear, "EEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!" (I hadn't taken the time to clean the tub, as I thought getting a diaper on Sam was more important.) I told her to stop going in there, then she wouldn't be disgusted any more.

KIDS!!

No comments: