Have you ever had a child go on a sleep strike? We have one going on now.
Last Friday, Sam decided he was not going to sleep during the day. His eyes would pop open as soon as I laid him down. He would not sleep. He was even awake during the night for a bottle. This was bad news for me, as I had gotten used to sleeping through the night again. How do you make a baby sleep? You can't.
It's Sunday and he's still being obstinate about sleeping. Or rather, not sleeping. Maybe some wonderful trick will come to mind, but I doubt it.
With Grace we have a whole 'nother set of sleep issues. She's really good and she doesn't cry, but she doesn't always sleep. She lays in her bed and has a party. She talks to her stuffed animals, sings along with the music, kicks the wall, falls out of bed, you get the picture. I don't think that really counts as a strike. It's more of a way of life. She seems to be happy with it, and as long as I get to sleep and Sam doesn't wake up, I really don't care.
No comments:
Post a Comment