Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Third Time and I'm Charmed

Well, as you know, Samuel has arrived. I must admit, I was more than ready for him to be "out in the world." However, the night he was born was one of the longest of my life. He had to stay in the nursery under an oxygen tent. I didn't get to hold him until after 10:00 Friday morning. It seemed as if it was an eternity. But it was so worth the wait.

I am totally in love with my son.

I am not quite sure what's come over me. I never felt this way about my girls. Now, don't misunderstand me. I love my daughters very much. I missed them very much while I was in the hospital and was so glad to see them. But I feel totally different about Samuel. I can't really explain it, and I certainly don't understand how it happened, but I'm so glad it did.

Several people have asked us if Sam resembles Miracle. Not at all! They look nothing alike. Miracle looked exactly like her dad when she was born, except with no hair. I'm not really sure who Sam looks like. I guess he just looks like Sam, possibly the most beautiful baby in the world, ever.

No comments: