Sunday, March 19, 2006

Almost Spring

Today is the last day of Winter. And I must say it has been such an odd winter. There have been days in the 70's and nights below zero. We've progressed to almost a full-term pregnancy, and Grace has made miraculous strides in her development. And I do not even know what to say about Miracle. She's been a big sister, mother to Grace and her parents (we got real sick), and she's now 9-and-a-half (don't forget the half). We are ready for spring. It will bring its own changes and challenges, and by God's grace we shall rejoice every day. Oh, and tomorrow we may try to stand an egg on its end.


Now it's time for catch-up...

I will not delve into details, but Ranelle is on more restrictions. She's not officially on bed rest, but she's as close as you can get to it. So the Miracle and I have been trying to take over for the things she is not allowed to do. In some areas we do OK, in others... well let's just say Ranelle is a better keeper of the house than the two of us. So that Ranelle could spend a bit of time off her feet and not being bothered, Miracle, Grace and I went to the Columbus Auto Show.

Grace mainly played in her stroller, while Miracle sat in tons of cars. We made it educational, but maintained the fun. We talked about transmissions, hybrids, and such. She sat in small cars, sports cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans. Her favorite part, however, was one of those huge air toys called the iceberg challenge. You climb slide, jump, and crawl. She did the thing at least 5 times! I figured we needed one in the back yard. She and the other kids would love it, and I wouldn't have to mow.... hmmmmm.


Oh, do you remember those dogs that you had when you were a kid? They have un-round, red wheels, and you pulled them around so they would make a "barking" noise. I had one, and I'll bet you had one. Well now Grace has one. They've been modernized a bit, but they remain basically the same as they've always been. I'm glad that things like this are still around. Many times, we try to appease our kids need to experience new things with electronic flashing toys. The fact that this toy still exists, and that Grace plays with it, prove that newer isn't always better.

No comments: