Day 4
Today was a productive vacation day, if that makes any real sense. We got a call from the People to People call chain that Miracle had an uneventful flight, and no luggage was lost. They were off on a full day of things in London. It was a good start to the day.
Before lunch, I had a new doorstop in place in the kitchen, where Sam likes to slam the door open and punch a hole in the wall. I also had the 2nd set of timbers and blocks secured in place for our walk from the deck to the garage. I still need some additional 'special purpose' blocks to fill in the gaps and accent the layout, but it is 90% functional. This is good for a project of mine. (Pulling teeth from a pregnant walrus is easier than getting the last part done on one of my projects - I can't say why, it's just the way it is.) Since the walk required a lot of shoveling, pounding, lifting, pushing and cleaning, I showered and ate lunch.
Ranelle and I veg'd in front of the TV with Star Trek Deep Space 9 for a couple hours. I should have gotten some more things done this afternoon - but I didn't. I mean, I am on vacation. I have a huge list of todo's, but hey... we got some movement there.
My evening was spent keeping Sam and Grace occupied. Mostly this is easy, but Sam prefers to sit with/on/against someone when he reads, watches TV, or otherwise is not running amuck. He is by far the most outwardly affectionate child we have. Yes, it crosses over to needy sometimes, but basically he is just a people person - to people he knows.
Tomorrow is Ranelle's birthday and the zoo. As long as the weather holds out.
No comments:
Post a Comment