Day 3
Day three: Wednesday, June 25th, 2008. This is the day we sent Miracle off on her own (with 39 other kids and 6 teachers) for almost three weeks in the UK. Without us. Alone. Did I say without us? And did you realize she's on her own - without us?
We spent most of the morning with last minute preparations. Miracle had to do final packing. I had to figure out how her long distance card worked. Ranelle helped with rational thoughts and last minute laundry. Sam and Grace ate lunch, went to bed for naps, and we left for the airport. By 4:00 we were back in the car headed home. It all happened over several hours, and about 5 minutes - all at the same time.
Grace and Sam know something is up. Miracle has gone away before, but not with such a big suitcase, and Mommy and Daddy didn't seem so...involved. They know Sissy is not here, but haven't realized that a lot will happen before she comes home.
I was asked if I was ready for her to leave, and I can say absolutely not. To be blunt, I didn't/don't want her to go. Do I have a choice in this? Yes. Am I a good parent that knows this is a great opportunity for her? Yes. Do I think this is a good thing? Yes. Do I want this to happen, NO! I am proudly overprotective and only by the grace of God am able to let my girl go. I know He is with her, and she has Him in her heart. I also know that we all will draw on His strength through this.
So Day 3 is over. Miracle is somewhere near the Atlantic coast of Canada. We are here, at home. Keep us in your prayers.
I hope she has a great time and remembers this great adventure all her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment