Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Vacation - Day2

Day2
Day 2 has been a better day. We got to laugh and smile. I got a few things on my list done, and moved a few to later.

On the plus, I got the dead branches and tree/bush trimmings out of a pile and moved to a place where they can be burned. (Yes, we hicks still burn our yard waste - some people put it in a dump!) I got most of my lumber today - more on the minus. We had a good family dinner to send Miracle off. She chose spaghetti, which is one of Sam's favorites. Its odd, because other than spaghetti, he won't eat pasta. In fact he'll likely gag and vomit if you try to trick him into eating it. But spaghetti... WOW he packs it away like an elderly lady at a church dinner. I also got Miracle's portable media player loaded with music, a movie, and several shows. While I know her trip will not be boring, there are two long flights, layovers, and a few bus rides.

Now for the minus. Since I already have issues with ladders, and now I have a broken toe to muck up my balance, I have opted to defer a few chores which require ladder work. I have more than plenty left to do, so I won't be lolli-gagging around (maybe). The main task to be deferred was to board up an area above our porch that gained two raccoons earlier in the month. This will probably happen over the July 4th weekend.

Anyway. Miracle is packed up and we all are as ready as we can be for her to go. We'll see how tomorrow goes with the send off.

No comments: