Day 1
09:30 - I got to stay in bed late. I didn't sleep much, but I just laid around in bed. So far so good.
10:15 - I may have broken our grill. I brought it back from my parent's where we had a cook out Saturday. It fell over in the truck. It may just be cosmetic, I'll look into it later.
11:20 - I have finally gotten the aluminum cans recycled. I had about 33 pounds of cans for a total of $24.75. Not a bad transaction.
11:42 - I get a call form Ranelle as I pull into the lumber yard. Sam hurt his arm again... You may recall his last injury resulting in a cast for a few days, an ER, and several doctor visits. So I drive immediately home.
12:24 - I break a toe on my left foot. Yes, THE left foot. How? I took off my muddy shoes on the back deck, and as I was walking into the house, I didn't open the door enough and WHAM!!
12:45 - I am planing to grill a burger for my lunch. However the knob just melted off the main burner on the grill. Hmmmm. I don't think this is normal. I turn off the gas, and shelve plans to fix it until tomorrow. I cook my burger on the stove.
3:20 - We get to the Orthopedist's office to begin our wait (Sam's so tired he sleeps on his mother's lap in the waiting room.) A woman has a fit about having not being seen yet - while it isn't good when doctors keep you waiting, it is preferable to them not taking the proper time with their patients. She was a bit over the top, in my opinion.
4:20 - X-Rays are not fun with a dislocated elbow. Sam cries and we try not to.
4:30 - The doctor works on Sam's elbow. Sam cries more. We have to see if we can coax him to use his arm now.
4:40 - The doctor works on Sam's elbow again. Sam cries more. This time it works. Sam can use his elbow again!
5:30 - We have pizza for supper while we watch Deep Space 9.
7:00 - Miracle is working on her packing. She's trying not to freak out. It's touch and go. We're trying to stay calm for her. That's touch and go, too.
9:30 - Sam is in bed. Grace is rocking with her mom and talking (but then when is she not?)
10:00 - We watch more sci-fi shows, and I work on converting some videos for Miracle portable video player. This is the plan until bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment