Thursday, December 29, 2005

Maybe Next Time

We are still in Ohio.

Mike woke up sick Tuesday night. As he is the driver, that was a bad thing. He didn't want to say he couldn't go because he knew Miracle would be heart-broken. Finally, a little before 7:00 am, he called and cancelled our reservations. I was so glad he did.

I had been feeling fine. By 10:00, however, that changed. Mike and I were sick all day yesterday. We lived on Saltines and 7UP. Poor Miracle was mother and father to her sister. She was a champ. I told her I didn't know what we would've done without her. She fixed lunch and dinner for both of them, put Grace down for her nap, gave her a bath, and put her to bed. She was totally awesome!! I have no idea how we're going to make this up to her.

She didn't appreciate what we've done thus far. Yep, you guessed it. She got sick this morning. She was getting ready to eat lunch when it struck. She spent the day on the couch after that. She was able to eat supper, however. So far, so good.

Although we were very disappointed to have to miss our vacation, I'd rather be home feeling like this than anywhere else. I've done the whole be-sick-while-away-from-home thing (think China), and it's no fun at all.

No comments: