Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas - Day2

Twas the night before Jesus' birth. The world stood on the edge of an event that would forever change the relation between man and God. Most likely, nobody on Earth had any clue what really was about to happen. Then a baby cried. At that moment, we could look at, hold, and even feed the savior. He came as an ordinary child. He didn't have riches, neither was his family begging on the streets. He came just as we are. As He wants us to come to him. No glitz, no boasting or begging required. Come, just as you are. Vulnerable, needing love. A child.

Many of us celebrate more on Christmas Eve, than Christmas day. That's plain wrong. Big parties happen on the eve, some people open gifts, churches hold services. Then the day we consider Jesus' birthday comes. We eat, some watch sports on TV, others will go to church. But by Christmas, the excitement is over. Shouldn't we be more excited about the birth than the labor !! And I'll admit, we get excited about Christmas Eve too. So I can express these thoughts freely. I need to celebrate Christmas day more than I celebrate the days before.



Anyway... Tonight was a night we celebrate for many reasons. My mother-in-law's birthday is today. We all gather at her house to celebrate her birthday, and share in some Christmas cheer. It's a very nice tradition. Pam stopped over on her way down. She gave Miracle and Grace some really neat things. Among other things, Miracle got toe socks and Grace got a book that flushes. Yes, you heard correctly - it flushes. I cannot do it justice in print, so click here for an official description.

When we got to Roy and Ruby's, Grace was a bit in shock. But anyone new to the Hart Christmas Eve gets that way. She eventually loosened up. She did get in a couple of mad fits. (She just couldn't let it go.) After we left, we did our traditional Christmas Eve thing. We each opened one gift.


I'll tell you later what we got!

No comments: