Sunday, December 04, 2005

Deck the halls... and everything else



Today, we were iced out of church. I had been up in the night, and could see the cars going slow on really shiny roads. I was not surprised in the least when I got a call this morning that we cancelled church. I am sure our road was fine by then, but many of our members are on back roads, and our parking lot would be a mess. So we took today to work on some pre-Christmas activities.

I worked on a project for a family gift (no hints... it's a surprise). Ranelle and the girls wrapped gifts. You can see they got a bit carried away. So far, Grace has not shown any real interest in the Christmas tree. I figured she, like the cat, would be drawn to the shiny bulbs. We have some left - Charlie gets a couple a week and breaks them. I'm waiting for him to chew a light. {Do you smell something cooking?} But since this is all new to her, she just sees it as another part of the living room. Miracle and Ranelle also put up our nativity and villages. It took a bit of redecorating, as we have lots of pictures on display. I must say, it looks quite nice.


Eventually, you may get to see what I am working on, I pray it turns out well. It looks like the ice will not be melting soon, so keep safe.

No comments: