Sunday, December 18, 2005

12 Days of Christmas

Have you every really listened to the words to the 12 days of Christmas? I mean, really listened and thought about the words? What's with all the birds? I mean, come on... Who wants that many birds? Of course, with all the "Leaping Lords", "Maids a-milking", and their gaggle of friends, you may need to cook them all. (I hope they're milking a lot of cows, too.)

Anyway, our twelve days have been pretty busy, and we're not there yet. I had planned to do the rest of my shopping in the last week or so, usually during lunch at work. But it seems that every day at lunch, it's either 15 degrees or snowing. So... I still need to do some. I did order a couple things on-line. Oddly one thing from Walmart was cheaper on-line than in the store. Another thing I ordered on-line (again from Walmart) seems to be cheaper at Kohls. I need to go see. Ahhh, shopping, the saga never ends.


Today is the Sunday before Christmas. Oddly, next Sunday IS Christmas. That seems so weird. I don't remember the last Christmas Sunday. Oddly, the biggest hubbub about Christmas being on a Sunday is from so-called "Mega Churches". Apparently, several Mega Churches decided together
{OK - commentary here: (1) This is probably one of the few times they can agree on something. (2) I think it's odd they had to 'talk' to one another instead of talking to God - end of commentary}

... they decided that they would cancel the usual Sunday services and let people spend time with friends and family. I don't mean just the congregation, these churches have employees. This is like major companies taking the day off. Now don't jump all over me yet, I agree with their actions. One comment I heard sums it up nicely, it's about the day being special, more so than the day of the week. Christmas is bigger and more important than Sunday. You can have both. The Sabbath is dedicating the day to God. What better way than to celebrate his gift to us! But some people were griping at the Mega Churches claiming they (the church leaders) were not living up to their responsibilities. Hello... does this sound like the leaders Christ met with to anyone besides me?


I guess I'm done for now. I will try to get more posts to you before Christmas. But if it comes to family, friends, and our church - or - Christ... I choose Christ.

No comments: