Sunday, June 08, 2014

What a Week

Grace has been taking dance classes since she was, I believe, four. This year she was in four classes- ballet, tap, jazz, and lyrical. It was very nice as they were all on the same night. I dropped her off at the studio at six and Mike picked her up at 8:45. It worked out very well.

Her instructor, Miss Heidi, says it's her favorite night of the week. Every time I speak with her she tells me how well the girls are doing, how hard they work, how well they get along. The girls had done such a good job this year, they were going to be part of the opening number. This is a very big deal. Grace was going to be a cowgirl.

Something I did not take into consideration was what this would do to recital week.

Grace had practice Monday morning, Tuesday morning and Tuesday night, and Wednesday and Thursday night. The performances were Friday night and Saturday afternoon. And to make it even better, Mike left Monday afternoon for Virginia on business and didn't get home until Thursday night.

I am so stinkin' tired.

But, it was worth it to see her so happy and beautiful on the stage with her friends.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

She was wonderful. Thank you so much for inviting me to go with you.