Monday, June 14, 2010

"This is so cut it out!"

Our children are not allowed to call anyone "stupid" or tell anyone to "shut up." It's just one of our rules.

We had to make this rule after watching Looney Tunes and hearing Yosemite Sam talk about the "stupid rabbit." Plus, all the characters are fond of telling others to "shut up."

Instead of stupid or shut up they say "cut it out."

I'm really not sure how that phrase was chosen. But it works, so they're allowed to say it.

However, it doesn't always exactly fit the situation. For example, while playing archery on Wii Sports Resort, Grace missed a shot for whatever reason. She muttered, "That is so cut it out."

Her dad and I just looked at one another and smiled.

1 comment:

Tausha said...

I love it! Our kids are not allowed to say those words either. Glad I'm not the only weirdo. :-)