Monday, June 28, 2010

So This is What 38 Feels Like

It reminds me a lot of 37.

It was a really good day. It was warm (some would say hot. whatever.) and a storm blew through about 4:00. It washed away the humidity, and the evening was perfect for a cookout.

Our home group came over, the kids swam, and the adults talked. It was perfect. As people were packing up to go, one little boy came over and asked his mom, "Is it time to eat?" The girls came down and ate when they got hungry, but the boys just stayed in the pool. Too funny!

Angie brought a cake, and I begged people to take some home with them. It wasn't my first birthday cake of the year. Plus, Mike had made his amazing chocolate chip cookies, so we were full on the sweets menu. I meant to take some to the orthodontist's office this morning, but I forgot. I guess we'll just have to sacrifice ourselves and eat it all.

No comments: