Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Demon Children

Am I the only one who ever experiences this? Please tell me no.

Yesterday was all planned out. We would go pick up Miracle's new glasses then meet my parents at the local Chinese buffet to celebrate my dad's birthday.

Things never go as planned.

Grace and Sam fought all morning long. They yelled, they screamed, they hit each other. They snatched toys from one another and laughed about it. It was a nightmare.

So, I decided no way am I taking them to a restaurant to act like that. We'll get the glasses then come home.

I tried to reach my parents, to let them know we wouldn't make it. At 10:15, the phone rang and rang. (Dad's appointment wasn't until 11:15. Oh yeah, the doctor's office is about 30 minutes away. Why do old people do this?) So I wrote a note to my mom, we loaded up, and off we went to the doctor. As we pull into the parking lot, I see them going in the door, so I chase them down, extend my apologies, and I'm off.

Miracle's glasses were in another city (of course), and on the drive down, we passed the hospital where Sam was born. "What's that, Momma?" he asked.

"It's a hospital, Sam. It's where you were born."

Now, if I were a smart woman, I wouldn've stopped there. But no, I had to add,

"That's where the doctor got you out of Momma's belly."

"Momma, did you eat him?"

1 comment:

Tausha said...

I'm surprised they didn't ask how he got OUT. That was Vanessa and Harley's focus during my pregnancy with Adrienne.