Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yet Another Mommy of the Year Award






I know, I do keep racking them up, don't I? Someone's got to do it and it might as well be me!

So after much splashing and sliding in the inflatable pool on Memorial Day, we neglected to empty the water. (I'm not really sure why.) The next day, I was working on planning next year's school schedule, and wasn't really paying too much attention to Grace and Sam. They were supposed to be watching Scooby, but Sam got bored (it was the live action movie, not a cartoon.), so he asked to go outside and play.

Now, any thinking mother would remember the pool of water, just sitting there, waiting for a big-headed boy to fall into.

But I think it's been well-established that I am not a thinking mother.

I have no idea how much time had passed before I realized I hadn't heard a thing from Sam. He hadn't opened the door to stick his head in and "tell me a see-cwet," he hadn't run across the porch. A picture of the pool crossed my mind and I'm pretty sure my heart stopped beating.

I found him leaning over the edge of the pool. (It was really rather smashed down because he weighs forty pounds ya know.) He was soaked. His shirt, his shorts, his shoes, water was running down his legs. And it was so cold!

But he was happy as a clam. And he was okay.

In spite of his crappy mom.

1 comment:

Tausha said...

Oh my goodess that is soooo scary!! Thank God he is ok!