I have a confession to make, and I am so going to be dating myself by doing so.
I've seen a promo on TV for this new show, "The Two Coreys." It's about these two guys, Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. They were extremely popular when I was a teenager. I think I saw every single movie they were ever in, including "The Goonies" and that one about the vampires that I cannot seem to remember the name of. Oh yeah, "The Lost Boys."
I would like to be able to say I have no desire to watch, to see the train wrecks their lives have become. But part of me wants to watch. Why?
I used to think Corey Haim was so hot. Oh yes, I had a huge crush on him. His face adorned my bedroom walls, along with Charlie Sheen, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, etc, etc.
I was thinking the other day about movie stars and such. I can remember when I was younger, talking to my mom about who were her favorite stars. They all seemed so old to me. How could she not like the ones who were popular, gorgeous, exciting. You know, the ones I liked! It hit me that I had become my mother. For the most part, I don't even know who the popular young actors are these days! My all time favorites are Harrison Ford and Pierce Brosnan.
I am so old.
No comments:
Post a Comment