Monday, August 06, 2007

Cry Baby Boy



Sam had his first Band-Aidable boo-boo today. He somehow folded back the toenail of his big toe. We have no idea how, or when, this happened. The end of the same toe was scraped up. He was bereft.

Mike had him on his lap while I was fixing supper. I was called in to bandage the aforementioned toe. Miracle had supplied Neosporin and Band-Aid, plus clippers. It was definitely a group effort.

Mike and I both had to hold Sam down. I got the Band-Aid on , then added tape to keep it in place. You would have thought I had cut off his toe completely.

That boy wailed and hollered the entire time we were working on his toe. Mike said he died three times. I'm not sure about that, but it seemed Sam did have a difficult time of letting it go. He had rolled around on the floor, arching his back and screaming. He yelled before, during, and after his "treatment." The drama was never-ending.

Now, I had no idea boys were this way. My girls would have gotten it fixed and gone on with their lives. Not Sam. No, no, no. You must drag it out, make it worse than it actually is.

Drama. It's a way of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my 4-year old or 2-year old needs a Band-Aid, I make sure I put alcohol on the owie first. I blow and blow.

Than I feel dizzy.

And my 4-year old and 2-year old laughs hard as hell.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/