My boy. The Prince. The Unexpected but oh so Delightful Blessing. My Youngest. The Baby.
The Rotten Monster.
Harsh words, you think? Oh no. It's only the plain unvarnished truth.
What has he done now, you wonder. Allow me to explain.
We have not even begun to consider potty training Sam. At 16 months, he isn't even close to being ready. Miracle was trained by 20 months and Grace by 18. I think if we're lucky, Sam will be out of diapers by Kindergarten.
He enjoys sitting on the potty, however. He feels like a big boy. And of course, if Grace does something, then Sam wants to do it also.
I was running them out of the bathroom yesterday with the usual, "Out! Out! Out! Do you need to potty?" Grace headed for the door, Sam headed for the potty seat.
Okay, we've done this before. He sat up there, looking very proud. I told him to get his pee out, he smiled and babbled something. He told me, "Done!" so I got him down. He was out the door before I could grab him.
Mike chose this particular moment to show me some things on the camera (it's new; the old one died in Lake Erie.), so Sam was running around with no pants. This is usually not a problem.
Yesterday, however, Sam decided to pee on the floor. On our new carpet.
Ugh.
Mike cleaned it up.
1 comment:
I feel your pain! My dog, no accidents on the floor. My children, accidents on the floor.
Tausha
Post a Comment