Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Very Helpful Child

I had forgotten how helpful little children can be. Miracle is nine now and will help out if you specifically ask her. Grace will help whether you want her to or not.

I can't figure out how I accomplished anything before Grace came along. She "helps" me fold clothes, do school work with Miracle, cook, take a shower and make the bed. How did I do any of these things without her? Her dad can be home, and she'll still come into the bathroom to talk to me while I'm in the shower.

We also had our 6 month post-placement appointment a couple weeks ago. It was really bizarre. Marcia actually seemed approving of how we were with Grace. That was very unusual as during our homestudy she was very disapproving of how we were raising Miracle. I don't think we've changed that much in our parenting style.

On to other news. Samuel will be here sooner than we realized. They're going to take him on April 3rd. We have only 36 days to wait until he makes his arrival! Oh my goodness!! I really do not feel ready for this momentous event.

We do finally have clothes. I started buying things earlier in the month. I also got bedding for Sam and Grace. We still don't have a lamp, but that's alright. He has clothes now so he won't have to go naked. I figure that's more important than a lamp. We also have a double stroller, a baby bathtub, and various other goodies. It's amazing how much stuff a baby needs.

No comments: