Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Blessing on wheels.

God is so good to us!! For those of you that have been car shopping, you know how awful car buying is. Now, I must say I enjoy car shopping: the looking at cars, and driving different ones. But that's when I don't need a car. When you actually have to buy a car, it gets bad. There are always the unknowns (is the car really in good shape), the pushy salesmen ("I'll make the first payment for you."), and the going from lot to lot. We didn't have to do that !!

A little old lady owned it...
On Thursday afternoon, we went car looking. I figured we would shop in Circleville, then go to Lancaster, and maybe repeat the cycle on Saturday afternoon. On our way into town, we drove through one of the two places I trust in Circleville (Edstrom's), and they currently didn't have what I was looking for (they had some nice vehicles, but they didn't fit our situation). So we didn't even stop there. So on to Harden.

We got there, and I left Ranelle and Grace in the van (Miracle was at my mom & dad's) and looked at a few cars that seemed to be possible purchases. I looked over and Dave S. was headed my way. We exchanged greetings, and remembrances as he sold us the van. Then I gave him my requirements: We want to stay under 10,000; It needs to drive 100 miles a day (for years) without breaking; gets decent mileage; and
I need a car I can fit in. He looked a bit thoughtful, and asked me to step inside. {Usually, at car dealerships this is a bad sign, I trust him , but was wary.}

He began, "Let me tell you the story behind this car. We sold it new to a little old lady.." I laughed out loud at this point. So, to make a long story shorter... They sold it new last year. The lady who purchased it wrecked the front end. Harden fixed it in their body shop - to GM spec, and was in final preparations to sell it used. So.. I got a 2005 Chevy Aveo with 301 miles on it (I put about 20 on it during test driving), it has 2-1/2 years left on the 3yr-36K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. It sold new for about $15,000, they had it listed to sell for $11,000, and we got it for $10,000. So we got basically a new car for 10 thousand. WOW - God is good.

Below is a picture (official GM, not mine). It's the same color - I think Miracle likes the blue. We can all ride in it (if needed), although it's not a family car. And I can drive and listen to my music. Cool.

Next time, I 'll tell more family news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were right, I would never think of you and Ranelle with this type of car...but it's cute! I think it is wonderful that God lead you to it and made it possible.

Pam