Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Shopping Has Begun

Since it's getting ever closer, I've started shopping for gifts. We're supposed to get 4 nanny gifts, plus a gift for a male (usually the orphanage director), guides, and notary.
The notary gift is to be a group gift. We have a candy maker in town, so I'm going to get some peanut brittle and some roasted nuts. It gets really hot in China in the summer, so I can't take chocolate. Too bad, because Wittick's make excellent pecan turtles!
We ordered Pumpkin Show shirts for the nannies. They supposedly like things that reflect where you live. Circleville is all about the Pumpkin Show. I went to Logan to the craft mall and got some artsy-craftsy things. I hope they like them. I got an OSU ball cap and some gloves for the male gift. I also got this little truck thing, painted with red, white, and blue. We'll probably throw in some brittle and roasted nuts.
I have no idea what we're going to give the guides. I've heard they like tee shirts and hats, things like that, as long as they're American themed. I don't know what we'll do. Maybe it'll be peanut brittle for everyone!
This weekend we're going baby shopping. That's what Miracle calls it. We're going to get the car seat, the carrier, and the pack- n- play. There is a chance we might actually be ready for this child to come home!

No comments: