Five months down.
Five months have passed since our dossier was logged into the CCAA. We were hoping to be getting our referral next month; the average wait-time has been six months. China has fallen behind, however, so it looks like we won't be getting our referral until July.
I can't say I'm really suprised. I had noticed they hadn't been doing an entire month at a time, and we are at the end of the month. I had even mentioned it to Mike. He said he chose to believe it would come in June as expected. I mentioned my thoughts to Eileen, and she agreed with me. She said we're right at the cut off point. Chances are good it won't come until July.
I just wanted to know. Maybe if we're expecting it, we won't be so devestated. At least, that's what I'm trying to get myself to believe!
Miracle was disappointed, of course, but she rallied. She decided it would be really neat if we were in China on her birthday. It's the 10th of September, so it could happen! Maybe, if that happens, we'll never have to get her another birthday present. After all, how would you top a trip tp China and a baby sister?
No comments:
Post a Comment