Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Think He's Officially Not a Baby Anymore

Five years ago I went in for a checkup, determined not to come home with the baby still on the inside. I was thoroughly done being pregnant. It had gone on long enough. The fun was over and all that was left was the not sleeping, a lack of ankles, and an inability to see the floor.

My doctor tried to send me home, but Mike talked him out of it. I don't think I've ever loved him more. And so, at 9:09 pm, Samuel Elisha made his grand debut.

And now he's five.

I'm really not sure where all the time went. Granted, the first year was a blur of sleeping in the recliner with him on my chest while Pirates of the Caribbean played in the background, not actually eating a complete meal, and basically just trying to survive, but what about the four years after that?

Oh yeah. He did stuff like this:



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL BOY!!

1 comment:

Tausha said...

Happy Birthday Sam!