Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seriously? It's February Already?





For some reason I keep expecting life to slow down a little. It never seems to, though, and we just keep going and going and going. Even with the snow, ice, and unbelievably frigid weather, we just keep on going. I guess we should take comfort in the fact that we are accomplishing things.

Mike has been in his new job for about a month now. He gets to work at home some again, and we are all very grateful for that. Unfortunately, some of the guys he works with are in Florida, so we get to hear about how it actually got down into the 70s. When you're living some place where the freezing point would seem like a heat wave, sympathy is in short supply.

Grace scored a superior ranking on her Speech Meet poem for school. She gets to go to another competition next month at a different school. I must admit I didn't think she would ever get it memorized. We worked on it for weeks, adding one line at a time, as we went to school and back, to dance, to church, wherever we were going. And also while doing hair, homework, and anything else we had to do.

Miracle has finished up 9th grade and is working on 10th. I do not envy her the Chemistry. Plus, her guitar lessons are going well. Hopefully she'll actually play something for us one of these days.

Sam is doing very well with his school work. I went ahead and started Kindergarten with him. We're putting sounds together and learning about consonants and vowels. He's learning how to print his capital letters. The big roadblock is he refuses to hold his pencil firmly and won't actually apply pressure to the pencil. So for now we're using a white board and dry erase markers.

For sheer randomness, here's a couple pictures of Mike and the Littles.


No comments: