We're an "I Spy" family. We've been playing since I was pregnant with Miracle (it helped pass the time waiting at the doc's office), and we've played with all our children to varying degrees of success. Now the children are playing "I Spy" without us.
Well, kind've. Nothing is really ever as it should be with Grace and Sam. Here's what I mean.
Grace: "Let's play "I Spy!"
Sam: Okay! Yeah!"
Grace: "I spy with my little eye something ... green!!"
Sam: "What?!"
Grace: "You have to guess!"
And so he guesses. And, with enough coaching, he guesses correctly.
And so it goes, back and forth between the two of them until...
Sam: "Grace!! That's not right! Stop!!"
Grace: "Sam!! That's not it!! You have to guess again!!!"
Sam: "GRACE!! NOOOOOOOOO!! GGGRRRRRRRAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE!!!"
Grace: "SSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!"
Me: "THAT IS ENOUGH! YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ANYMORE!"
And so, the rest of the ride home was much quieter.
No comments:
Post a Comment