Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sometimes I Wonder Why I Even Get Out of Bed

We've been back in the "real world" for four days now. Mike had to return to work and Grace back to school. In addition, I had determined to begin working with Sam on learning to read. And, Miracle is finishing up ninth grade. Dance resumed this past Monday, and Grace was actually allowed to attend. We are so back on the merry-go-round.

After almost two weeks of not having to get up and get going, mornings have been a bit of a struggle. I've actually slept deeply between the time Mike leaves for work and my alarm goes off for school. It makes getting up even more difficult. This morning it took me a little longer, so I was awake to hear Charlie throwing up somewhere in the house.

I was not about to get up and look for it. (It's Miracle's job to clean that up anyway.) When I finally dragged out of bed, I went into her room and gave her the good news. She, of course, was beyond thrilled. She entered the living room cautiously, flashlight in hand. The only problem was, she couldn't find it. I couldn't either. So apparently, it's still here somewhere, just waiting for that unsuspecting mother to find it and step in it, or stick her fingers in it.

That was bad enough, but then the stink started.

There appears to be a dead something under our bathroom. The smell is lovely. It hits you as you walk past the hall closet. Then you pass the bathroom. ugh. And to make it even better, it's spreading to the living room and my bedroom. I've lit candles and cracked windows, but it's not really helping. Hopefully Mike will get to come home early and take care of it.

And I can't even go back to bed because it stinks in there.

No comments: