Okay, so I'm a few days late. I was on vacation from my life for a little while. Mike has been on vacation since Christmas eve, so I haven't been doing much.
But reality has intruded, and we are getting back to normal. Well, as normal as we can be anyway.
The girls played in the snow this morning. I find it completely disgusting that there is actually enough on the ground for them to play in. Of course the fact that it snowed for about two days may have something to do with it. Sam, being the brilliant, discerning child he is, stayed inside with me. But he did get a warm bath with Grace after she came in with pink cheeks and a frozen body.
They're playing with Grace's doll house now. I'm kind've concerned for the family, though. Sam is clutching a sword and a M-16. Something tells me it won't end well. But you really never know what they will come up with when they play with the doll house. The other day Batman and Robin came over to play. This was heard:
"Batman, will you wipe my butt?"
"Why? Did you poop?"
Only Mike's kids.
On to other news.
I knocked Grace's tooth out last night.
Now, before you go calling Children's Services, let me explain.
A second tooth became loose a little after the first tooth. It showed no signs of being in a hurry to come out, just like the first one. As with the first one, the permanent tooth was already coming in. At supper last night she showed me how wiggly it was and said something like it would come out "pretty soon but not yet."
Fast forward to bed time. Prayers were said, stories were read, it was time for kisses. I went in and kissed her and gave her a squeeze. "A BIG squeeze, Mommy." Her face was mushed up against mine like a thousand other times, and I squeezed. This time she pulled away from me and started to cry.
I had heard a little "Pop" before she pulled away so I asked, "Did your tooth come out?" She started crying and digging around in her mouth for the tooth. She found it and handed it to me, and off to the bathroom we went.
Miracle was ready, the water turned on for the rinse and spit. Grace was still crying and Miracle tried to comfort her. I don't think it really worked, though, because Grace looked at me and said, "Don't do that again."
Of course, this morning when the tooth had "turned into money" the trauma was forgotten.
1 comment:
Oh, but she will still never let you forget that you knocked her tooth out. If she's like my girls she will bring it up to strangers, people at church, anywhere!
Post a Comment