Okay, here's the deal. School for us starts at the end of July. I'm going to be doing preschool stuff with Grace this year. It won't be anything intensive or anything, ABCs, numbers, matching, sorting, cutting, gluing, days of the week, those kinds of thing.
My problem is, I can't use songs to help her learn this stuff. Why? She doesn't understand the words to songs. No matter how many times we repeat them, she just doesn't understand the words. No, "Twinkle Twinkle," no 'Where is Thumbkin." No nothin'.
So, how do I teach her the days of the week, the ABCs, or anything for that matter, without using the usual songs? Rote memorization isn't really an option, either.
HELP!!!!!
1 comment:
Some kids just aren't auditory learners. Perhaps she is going to be a Tactile learner (she will have to be more physical with her learning). She might be a visual learner and she will have to see things over and over. I'm not sure how you will go about it, but you will just have to be a little more creative. Of course you have figured out by this time that each of your children will be a different type of challenge :) Best of luck, and let me know how it goes.
Post a Comment