Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Truly Momentous Occasion

We loaded up and drove down to visit my parents this morning. That's the best thing to do when it's nineteen degrees, and all your children have a tendency towards runny noses.

Anyway, we visited for a while. Sam and Grace had enough time to drag out a boatload of toys and books and brooms (Sam) and tools. I wanted to leave before lunch because Sam has been such a picky eater of late. I didn't want to have to fight with him at my parents' house.

So, we're getting on coats and gloves, and Grace decided she wanted to stay. She didn't want to go home with us, she wanted to stay and play.

And so I let her.

I realize this is not a big deal to most people. Children stay with their grandparents all the time. But this is the first time Grace has ever done that. Especially by herself.

It's a truly momentous occasion.