Sunday, January 27, 2008

..the Grace and nothing but the Grace

Conversations with Grace are always so interesting. Usually, you end up feeling like shooting yourself in the head.

Take tonight for instance...

We were on our way to dinner, and Grace was talking about her eyes and her ears. I don't remember how it came about now. I'm sure it seemed very innocuous at the time.

Now you must understand, Grace gets confused about things. Mike calls her Opposites Girl because she uses up for down, in for out, him for her. We're working on it, but it's a long, long road.

So anyway, she's talking about her eyes and ears, and about hearing and seeing. I told her you see with your eyes and hear with your ears. Just use your imagination, and that will have been our conversation.

She had herself hearing with her eyes and seeing with her ears. Her hands and feet were thrown in there somewhere, but I'm not really sure of the context. That's probably not a bad thing.

I was really glad when we got to the restaurant and the conversation was over.

No comments: