Sam has been a heathen all week. He's a throw-himself-on-the-floor, scream-at-the-top-of-his-lungs, fit thrower. Every little thing causes him unbearable anguish and rage. It began at church on Sunday and has carried through today. He deliberately does things he knows are forbidden, then throws a fit when he gets into trouble. And he is such a cry baby!! My girls were never like this. I don't know if I can survive this boy.
This morning, however, it was very traumatic. His daddy had just fixed himself some oatmeal and put the bowl on the table. He blocked it off with a chair, then turned to gather the trash. Sam moved the chair and grabbed for the bowl of boiling oatmeal. He got his fingers into it, unfortunately. Those fingers went immediately to his face.
His poor little nose!! It was bright red and blistered. He was inconsolable. I can't imagine how much it hurt. Mike put as much water on it as Sam would allow. By this time, I was out of the shower, so I called Dr. Mom. She said to keep putting water on it to help stop the burn, then put aloe on it. I can't believe he actually let us. He was still hysterical, though, and would only calm down when I got him. I think Mike reminded him of "the incidence."
Mike called the doctor's office, who eventually called back. They said to scrub it with anti-bacterial soap then put NeoSporin on it. And, this is the best part, put a Band-Aid on it if he'll let us. We still haven't scrubbed it (it makes me shudder just thinking about it), but we do have a Band-Aid on it. He's actually leaving it there! I was afraid he would take it off and eat it. You know, then he could choke on it because it was stuck in his throat. Kind've like the grape that got stuck in Grace's throat yesterday.
"Let's Give 'Em Something to Blog About."
No comments:
Post a Comment