Friday, June 15, 2007

And so, Grace Turns to a Life of Crime

We are knowingly harboring a criminal. How long, exactly, do you go to jail for that?

The kids and I ate lunch at Bob Evan's today. It was wild from the git-go. I was very glad it was over! I took Sam, Miracle had Grace, and up we went to pay. Sam was about to chew through the doors, he wanted to badly to go after his sisters. We finally made it to the van, and I started fastening Sam into his car seat. Miracle holds up a deck of Mickey Mouse playing cards and wonders where they came from.

OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!

Yes, it seems as if baby Grace has decided to take her life in a different direction. One we don't necessarily approve of. Well, I don't. Her dad is a confessed Klepto, so I guess she comes by it naturally.

What's that? You didn't know Mike was a thief? Oh my, yes! In his wild and crazy youth, he stole a brandy snifter of flowers from our local TCBY. Now, this was a place we visited at least once a weekend. They knew us there - by name, not just yogurt preference. As we were walking out the door, he just reached over, picked one off the nearest table, and walked out. Eric and I about died laughing (you know he had to be involved). That wasn't the worst of it, oh no. The worst part came later, at Eric's house. He was still living with his parents, you see, and we went there for reasons I can't recall. Maybe to hide out from the coppers, I don't know. Anyway, Ed and Elaine came home, and we were chatting. I guess because he didn't want to leave the incriminating evidence in his car, Mike had taken the flower in the house. ERIC GAVE IT TO HIS MOM!!!! She gave it and him a suspicious look, then asked, "Eric, where did this come from?" How he did it with a straight face I'll never know, but he answered, "From the bottom of my heart." Mike and I were howling with laughter by that time.

I wonder how long she kept that thing?

No comments: