YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
To say I have an aversion to public speaking would be putting it mildly. Speech class wasn't any easier in college than it was in high school. I loath having to be in front of people. It scares me to death. Plus, we've been at this church only a little more than a year. I know only a fraction of the people.
AGONY I TELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I did it. I put it off all week. I would obsess about it, but I didn't actually start working on it until yesterday afternoon. This is what I came up with...
WHAT I LIKE ABOUT MY MOM
- I like how after all these years, she still gets a surprised look on her face when one of her children does or says something totally outrageous.
- I like how patient she is. She answers every question we've ever asked - even the repeats.
- I like her ability to stop an argument just by looking over the top of her glasses.
- I like the way she cares for her family. She's never too busy to listen, to put Band-Aids on boo-boos, paint fingernails, or play trucks.
- I like her sense of humor. She helps me see the humor in my children's actions when I really want to strangle them.
- I like the way she loves the Lord. She isn't afraid to show that love to others. It is the most important thing she's taught her children, her grandchildren, and her great grandchildren. She taught us this by the way she lived, not just on Sundays, but all the time. God is most important in her life. That's what I like most about my mom.
1 comment:
I'm sure everybody got inspired from you talk.
Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/
Post a Comment