Friday, May 18, 2007

Getaway

We ran away for a few days.

We packed up the van (without Miracle realizing what we were doing), and headed for Cincinnati. Since we're building a house this year, we won't be spending a week at the beach. We decided to go on weekend trips, to just get away for a little while.

We went to the Newport Aquarium this morning. There were school children everywhere. Honestly, I wasn't very impressed with it. The one in Gatlinburg is WAY better. Grace was happy, though. She got to see water and fish and turtles.

We had lunch at Johnny Rocket's. We had never been there, and we'll probably never go back. The food was good but very overpriced. And the best part: MIKE SAW A MOUSE!! And they didn't even give us any kind of discount for not freaking out and telling everyone!

After lunch we went to a museum in Cincinnati. They have turned the old train terminal into a Museum Center. There's am IMAX Theater, three or four museums, food, and I don't know what all. We went to the Natural History and Science Museum. Way cool.




We had to go to Target (can't vacation without doing a little shopping) afterwards, then we had supper at Chilis. I am soo glad we went there!

We were waiting to be seated, and I noticed a family at a nearby booth. A young couple and a very cute Chinese girl were sitting there. Now usually, I do not speak to people I don't know. And I didn't right then. But after we were seated and had ordered our supper, I just had to go talk to them!

Their little girl was three. They have been a forever family for almost three years. She had the cutest smile! She stood up on her seat and raised her arms us so she made a 'T.' Her mom said that was like her name. What was her name? Tian!! Unbelievable!! What are the chances of that?! They are in the waiting stage of a Vietnam adoption. They're hoping to have their new baby by the end of the year.



We came back to "our new room," as Grace calls it, and the kids and Mike changed into swim suits. The pool was freezing, so Miracle was the only one who actually swam in it. The rest were in the hot tub. I even dangled my feet and got splashed. The babies were so tired we didn't stay long. Baths were quick, and now they're sleeping.

Tomorrow: the zoo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That museum seems a lot of fun.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/