Nine days from today Grace will be two. Can you believe it? I can't. It just doesn't seem possible.
At this time last year we were trying to get ready to go to China. I didn't think we'd ever make it. I was so upset because we were going to miss Grace's first birthday. This year she'll get to be here for her party.
I've been thinking a lot about Grace's birth mother lately. I think of her, on and off, but she's been on my mind almost every day. I think it's because Grace is actually with us now. She's been here for almost a year now. We've gotten to know her, we've seen her grow and change and become a wonderful little girl. And I think of her birth mother.
I wish I could talk to her. I wish I could tell her about our daughter. I wish I could tell her how she likes to read stories, play with blocks, dance with her sister and try to catch bubbles. I wish she could hear Grace's laughter when she is being tickled. I wish she could see Grace with her brother, giving him hugs and kisses. I wish she could see her sitting with her daddy, talking about her day. I wish she could see her running down the hallway, chasing the cat, or her sister, or nothing at all; just running because walking takes too long. I wish she could see the hundreds of daily things we have taken for granted.
I wish I could tell her thank you. Thank you for loving our daughter so much that you gave her a chance for a better life. Thank you for giving this most precious gift. I wish I could let her know that Grace is safe and healthy and loved, so very, very loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment