I wasn't sure if I should write about this. It's really not my story to tell, but I feel compelled to do so anyway. It's not about Mike or the kids or me. It's about my sister, Peggy, and her husband, Joe.
Peg and Joe started dating in high school. That's been quite a few years ago. Joe graduated in 1970 and Peggy a year later. They got married, and a few years later, they had a baby girl, Leslie. Five years later they added Jenny to their family.
Joe worked swing shift at RCA for years and years. It was hard to be quite sometimes when Joe was sleeping during the day. We weren't always successful and would get into trouble. RCA eventually closed and Joe went to school. He graduated this Spring with his Associates degree.
After Leslie and Jenny were all growed up, Peggy went to work. She works at Foodtown in Laurelville. She teases and worries about everyone who comes through her line.
To me, Peggy and Joe are like peanut butter and jelly. You can't have one without the other. They belong together. I've never known a couple who could spend so much time together and not get on each other's nerves. I've never known a couple who wanted to try. But Peg and Joe do, and they make it look easy. They make it look appealing.
Right now, my heart is breaking for Peggy and Joe. They got the most devestating news a couple can get. Joe has liver cancer. The doctor told him he only has three months.
I called to talk to him, not knowing what to say. "What can we do for you? What do you need us to do?" "Pray for me," he said. "Take care of Peg."
Please pray for them both. I'm praying that God does the impossible. I'm praying that Joe has more days.
No comments:
Post a Comment