Saturday, June 24, 2006

One Year Ago Today...

we received "The Call."

It's hard to believe it's been one year since we learned about our daughter. We had been on pins and needles, waiting, praying, hoping it would come soon, that our wait would finally be over. When the phone finally rang and caller ID showed America World, I was afraid to answer!! I started to shake. I told Miracle, "It's America World!" She shoved the phone at me and I had to answer. Eileen was on the other end and there was a huge smile in her voice. "Ranelle? She's finally here! She's beautiful!"

A lot of it is a blur after that. I did call Mike and burst into tears as soon as he answered the phone. I blurted out, "We have a baby girl!" It's a good thing he wasn't driving at the time.

It's amazing how much our family has changed in the past year. Grace seems as if she's been with us all her life. She's opinionated, obstinate, and thoroughly delightful. I cannot imagine what our lives would be like without her. In fact, at dinner a few weeks ago we had a conversation about our family B. G. (Before Grace) Someone asked what it was like before we had her. We decided we laughed a lot less. I am so glad we laugh so much now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Correction: highly opiniated.